MOTIVATION

“Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started.” Pre

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second. Give your dreams all you've got and you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you. - William James

Monday, March 15, 2010

Easy Breezy Beautiful 9.4K

Today was a beautiful day here in Istanbul, the sun was out, there were hardly any clouds and barely a breeze. The perfect not too hot sunny day or a great new run. By new run I mean I went a different route to spice things up a bit. This one was intended to include some hills and unfortunately there was more down hill then uphill which I didn't want since down hill is stressful on my left knee. Once I got to the seaside it was all flat till I got back home though. I Google mapped the route and this is it. 9.4K  Home-Tarabya-Istinye Harbor- Home I didn't set a timer since I wanted to enjoy the run but actually I ended up doing this at a very fast pace. I had to be home by 4pm to Huma (my host mom) could pick up Ece from school. I started at about 2:45 and realized that the run was doing to put me very close to 4pm so I raced home. 

I loved this race/run because I felt so great afterwords. I had so much energy and good spirits which really made me feel ready for this marathon. I was feeling a bit down on Saturday when I tried to run the whole 13 miles again with as much energy as when I did it the week before, not surprisingly it was hard, more strenuous, and boring. (Hence the game I had to play). So thank god I chose a new route, I was able to see new things and places which made it enjoyable. 

I am extremely surprised at how well I am doing. I can tell that I am becoming a stronger runner, my legs don't get as tired, my breathing is not as forced, my muscle are adapting to the longer and longer runs. I can really tell that the intervals and the Fartleks are working to increase my lactose thresholds.Its amazing to me the things that  your body will adapt to once your mind gets set on something, and my mind is set on this half marathon, running strong, finishing strong, (hopefully under 2 hrs.) and accomplishing a goal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment