MOTIVATION

“Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started.” Pre

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second. Give your dreams all you've got and you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you. - William James

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Steppin up My Game

Ok so two weeks to go till my second half marathon here in Istanbul. (April 25th.) Today I am off on my last long run (13+ miles to the Bosphorus Bridge and back.) Today I want to finish it as it it where a real half marathon I was running. I want to time myself and see how close to 2 hours I can make it. 

There is this website I follow called Active.com and here is an article I got in my email today; 5 Ways to Run Faster I am going to focus on these things for the next 2 weeks.
Stamina, Endurance, Tempo, Speed, Power.  
All words I love!
Basically the article wants you to focus on the stamina you have to finish the race, without stopping. The Endurance to make it through the middle "hard" parts of the race, the Tempo to run comfortably, Speed to get that time you aim for and the power to do this while feeling relaxed, not exerted. Pretty easy goals right? They are mine for the next race, or rather the training ones for the next race!

2 comments:

  1. you go to some great places to run .. that's really cool - sounds like you have it all worked out - good luck in the race - i'll be running the London Marathon that day - I'll spare you a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ray! I will keep you in mind as well! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete