MOTIVATION

“Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started.” Pre

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second. Give your dreams all you've got and you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you. - William James

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Week One is going Great and Strong!

This morning I really wanted to get up and run with the sunset, well I got up but it was pouring down rain, so I fell back asleep only to wake up to a bright sunny sky!

So far I have kept up the pace and energy, its now Wednesday and seeing how yesterday I was not able to run (busy with the the kiddos), I went on an extra long one today and included some intervals and hills. I ran from our house to Istinye harbor, then up hill toward the Bosphorus, and once there decided to loop back and run uphill (one mile!) to Istinye Park. I did the same thing the other day when I ran to the Fahit Sultan Bridge but only the other directions. I finished all this in about an Hour with some walking intervals included. Check out my running long to see the times I managed to do this in!

For my after run snack I had half a banana and a cup of mixed unsalted nuts with of course coffee!

2 comments:

  1. Great job! What are you training for? I'll add you to our cheer gadget. I think you may have sent me a message, but I'm still learning this whole Blogger thing and am not sure what happened to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am training for my first Marathon! don't worry I don't think I understand the whole blogger thing either!

    ReplyDelete