MOTIVATION

“Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started.” Pre

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second. Give your dreams all you've got and you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you. - William James

Saturday, March 20, 2010

8 miles... naw... 5.5 is enough

The past day or so has been a rut, I wanted to run Friday but didnt for two reasons. Reason number one was because I was super busy taking care of the kids (host mom is out of town so its pretty much an all day thing). I really had no time to run, since on top of taking care of the adorable little ones I was hosting a friend of mine who was feeling a little homesick. It was all bad timing. I should have ran when Ege was napping but didnt cause I didn't feel like it (which was reason number two). So I was going to run after by friend left but turns out she wanted to stay the night! YAY! Hence just no time and bad planning on my part. I justify it as an extra rest day which meant that today I was planning an 8 mile run. 

I woke up super excited cause the sun was out and shining, no clouds, no wind and it was hot! I put on my running shorts, and a long sleeve and ran out the door! I was really loving the run, I am diggin the Telephone song by Gaga and B. I think I had in on repeat for like 6 times in a row. I love the parts when the track jumps. At about mile 5.5 miles I got a rock in my shoe and stopped to get it out, stopping was so amazing not because I needed a rest but the sun felt AMAZING on my face. I rested there for about 10 minutes soaking in the sun rays. Then I just turned around and headed back since I didn't want to be gone too long. 

Berlin in one week! I am getting all my music ready!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment