MOTIVATION

“Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started.” Pre

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second. Give your dreams all you've got and you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you. - William James

Monday, March 22, 2010

Like I Have Said Before... I Would Do This

So If you know me well enough you would know that  I love making list, organizing just about anything and everything. When I get into "that" mood there really is nothing to stop me. So in my much anticipated excitement for this race, in less then a week, I have created a schedule which I tend to stick to. 

**First of all I would like to note that keeping this schedule is highly unlikely in my circumstance since my routines and daily schedules, outside of running, are subject to change at any moment, for any reason and those changes will greatly effect my running schedule. However I was in that "mood" anyway. 

Both Saturday and Sunday were running days for me. Saturday was a shorter run, Sunday was but a bit more then the Saturday one. I dont want to injure myself, I know I need rest days but there needs to be a place to put all this energy and anxiousness I am feeling, hence I run. The plan is simple, 
   Monday- I will do a short 35 minute run but a fast one which I will time to get a feeling of my new fast pace which has been gradually increasing. 
   Tuesday- I will do a timed 4-5 mile route but not so much fast pace only a race pace. 
   Wednesday-OFF Day with tons of stretching, abs and push ups
   Thursday- Will be a longer steady race day 6 miles (Fahit Bridge and back)
   Friday- Rest day with tons of stretching (My flight is at 11pm to Berlin)
   Saturday- This day is packed full of walking so that will be a great way to keep my joints oiled.
   Sunday- RACE DAY!!! WHOOP!

I have already made a "list of materials to print" aka race confirmation and bib number, directions to place to pick up pre race packet, and directions to the race. I have made a "things to pack" list. "Things to see in Berlin" and a basic itinerary for our weekend! I hope Sarah doesn't hate me after this weekend!!!

If I forgot to mention this, Sarah, who is also here in Istanbul doing what I am doing. She is coming with me! So I have at least one person cheering me on who is actually present since I know everyone of you and my friends and family back home will be cheering me on as well!

Oh I almost forgot! I am making a USA head band to wear... so keep checking to see the pic of it I'll post when its finished!!!


1 comment:

  1. Good luck on Sunday! Can't wait to hear you celebrate on your blog when you finish. Yay!!

    ReplyDelete