MOTIVATION

“Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started.” Pre

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second. Give your dreams all you've got and you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you. - William James

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Kuş Kuş Kuş!!

Kuş is run in turkish! You say it Koosh! Today was an easy run day for me. I finished off 4.5 miles in about 45minutes which left me a great cool down walk. The weather over here as been really upsetting. Lots of misty rain and strong cold winds. I bet you know what I mean when I said its no fun to run in strong winds. Its actually hard to do! I started out a little stiff mostly in my calves (which I remembered to stretch well post run.) I also notices a weird uncomfortable feeling in my feet. Could be from my new shoes (I am hoping) it wasn't a pain just weird. If it keeps up I will try and explain it better so maybe someone can help me out. I think it might have been caused my the sore calves as well. I am extremely proud of my breathing which is something I have been working the most on. I can run for one whole hour (and longer) without that "omg I can't breathe, maybe I have asthma, my lungs are screaming" feeling. So yay for me! 

Also my wonderful boyfriend suggested push ups as a way to build some upper body strength to help even more with breathing better. I hope he is proud when I say that so far, for two whole days now I have done push ups pre and post run. I can officially do nine. 
Oh and I bought some Nike dry fit socks that are awesome! Really comfy and soft. I am taking tomorrow off, and maybe even Friday so that this weekend I can do my practice half marathon again since it is the 2 week mark before my race!

3 comments:

  1. I must say, our button looks very cute on your blog!! :)

    So far, you have the best odds of winning our giveaway. We're entering you 5 times! Yay!! We'll post the winner late tonight...not sure what time that will be for you!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I have my fingers and toes crossed! I love the button! I am about 9 hours ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Ash-a-lee, kuş means bird, KOŞ MEANS RUN !

    ReplyDelete