MOTIVATION

“Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started.” Pre

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second. Give your dreams all you've got and you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you. - William James

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Running Fartleks Thats Right I Said Fartleks

Today I did what my boyfriend (a more knowledgeable distance runner then myself,) told me to start involving in my runs. I already knew that interval running was good and have done it on a rather irregular basis mostly cause I was focusing on finishing without stopping and feeling strong rather then the opposite. But since I was recently asked about aerobic and anaerobic running I decided I should push my thresholds a bit more since I am running a half marathon here soon. 

I did these things called Fartleks here is a link as to what they are click  here. 


Basically you take 30seconds to one minute timed intervals where you run as hard as you can. Then job for a break and do it again, similar to an interval. So today I did these, I ran for 35 minutes in my new shoes which fit great, breathe great, and are so comfortable.  I set off determined to do 6 sets of these things. I had my path lined out in my head and I knew the areas where I would run hard and the ones where I would jog. 


It was a lot harder then it seemed cause out of 6 sets I only managed 4. I did run back and set a new PR for my mile run at 7:35:05. 


I also have some GREAT news. Istanbul just created a half marathon here on the Golden Horn which I am going to do at the end of April!!

No comments:

Post a Comment