MOTIVATION

“Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started.” Pre

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second. Give your dreams all you've got and you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you. - William James

Monday, March 8, 2010

Question

Ok here is one reason why I wanted to have this blog and also to have such a great network of runner friends of all stages. I have an important question! Can you run with your MP3 player while in a race? I just realized that music is a huge motivation for me and I dunno what I will do if I cant run with it? Is there some runners etiquette that makes this a faux pas? Will there most likely be others with their music? Please and thanks!

3 comments:

  1. these could be emailed to me at ashleyreneeperry@gmail.com as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it depends on the actual race itself. I've heard of some races that ban MP3 players and will not let anyone have them so make sure you look at the rules of the race you are running. Every race I have ran allowed them and most people I saw were using them so I don't think its a faux pas, imo. I ran my first (and only) marathon with no music!!! It was on accident as I made the mistake of not charging my iPod and it literally died seconds before the start! I actually didn't miss it as much as I thought I would since there were SO many people cheering everyone on on as I ran - they ended up being my distraction to get me through 26.2! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley! Yes, most races allow you to listen to music (thank goodness! I'm with you...I need my tunes). I've never done a race that didn't allow it. However, my friend who runs triathlons said some of the races she's done don't allow it. You should be fine for your half. :)

    ReplyDelete