MOTIVATION

“Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started.” Pre

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second. Give your dreams all you've got and you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you. - William James

Monday, March 1, 2010

Rest day = Complain day

So I have a HUGE complaint and I am the type of person who is honestly considering taking this to whom ever will listen (whether they want to or not). So Nike and Apple better watch out (Or whoever is incharge of Import taxes for Nike and Apple. For the past week I have been obsessing over the Nike+ sports program and am determined to get one for its fun and easy features to log my hours ran, distance, and calories burned. In order to do so I need a new I pod. I looked online and decided on the Nano. Next I need Nike + shoes, I have chosen LunarElites and LunarGlide, two shoes I feel would most be comfortable with my style of running.

All I needed to do was go to the appropriate stores and make the purchase. Having looked at online prices I was expecting to pay about 100$ for the shoes, 150$ for the Nano. Right? Reasonable? WRONG!!!!!!

So even though the price is obviously in Turkish Lira I will write it in dollars for you. Over here a 8GB Nano is 310$ RIDICULOUS. While my shoes where not sold in the Nike store here and to order them online was around 200$... eww... yuck... and no thank you.

So I called Nike (of course I would do this) and asked if I could order them online and get them shipped to me. The answer was no, but I was able to find another LunarGlide provider who will ship to Turkey and the shoes are only 89$ which made me feel a little better. I need the shoes more then the Nano or the Nike+ So unfortunately it will have to wait till I get back to the US of A. Am I sour about this though? Yes. Since today was my rest day I thought about this problem and disappointment a lot, but since I am practicing being a positive person I am letting it go in hopes that by the time I return there is a better product for cheaper that I will want rather then the Nano, which is likely so there!

1 comment: