MOTIVATION

“Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started.” Pre

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second. Give your dreams all you've got and you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you. - William James

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pre Istanbul Half Marathon

So Its only four days away, Istanbul's Half Marathon around the Golden Horn, and I wanted to make sure that I got a good record of how I was training up till the day. As I mentioned in the last blog this Icelandic Acid rain thing has got everyone kinda freaked out and by freaked out I mean really freaked out. Although I don't really believe there is much harm that can come from it here in Istanbul, the government thinks differently. State schools were shut down today and probably other public buildings. The news was talking about how all the sulfuric ash in the sky will damage the monuments and corrode the bridges, telling people to not take their kids outside and to not darn go outside in the rain which of course it rained off and on all day. 

So with all this tension over it in the air (I mean they are canceling flights and such as well.) I decided that I would not run today. (I think it qualifies for a good excuse which was a topic of a blog i read recently but I am blanking o whose blog it was.... sorry) 

This means that I will run short 3-5 mile runs Wednesday (5 miles), Thursday (3 miles), and Friday (3 miles). Saturday will be my rest day as well as find the building where I am supposed to pick up the information packet day. Its crazy to me that they have this packet pick up the day before the race and only the day before, in a very not obvious place that is almost impossible to fine and even harder to get to by public transportation so wish me luck....

1 comment: