MOTIVATION

“Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started.” Pre

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second. Give your dreams all you've got and you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you. - William James

Monday, April 19, 2010

Speed Training like NEVER Before

All you need is a somewhat nice day, your best running shoes, 6-15 boys ages 8-11 and  A LOT of space! No I am not kidding. I went for my weekly English lesson for two twin boys and they didnt have much homework to do so we went outside to play. They gathered up all the neighborhood boys and we played a game called Cops and Robbers. There was a ton of sprinting involved, lots of running up hills, around corners, and even stairs as I tried to dodge the kids or catch them depending on which position I was at the time. We were in this apartment complex that was all hills, hardly any even straight patches and the boys wanted to take the scenic routes through the yards. Tons of blackberry bush dodging as well as a near fatal fall off a ledge.... it was probably the most fun I have had with that many children in a long time. We continued this game for, no joke, an hour and a half! I was so tired. The funniest thing happened to make the games actually stop, it had started to rain and since that crazy Icelandic volcano has been spraying ash all over Europe of course these kids have heard of it. They all assumed it was acid rain and wanted to go home after that. Oh well. I will be suggesting this game next week for sure! It was a great workout!

One week till Istanbul Half Marathon... I am focusing on relaxing and short runs Tuesday-Friday then all rest on Saturday!! I want to break my PR of 2:07:58!

No comments:

Post a Comment