MOTIVATION

“Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started.” Pre

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second. Give your dreams all you've got and you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you. - William James

Friday, February 26, 2010

Energy Whatsits?

So as I was browsing through the web looking for pre running tips, do's and don'ts. I came across something called an "energy gel" its I am assuming some form of liquid tablet that you carry with you while running and take at a refreshment station. Does anyone know what these are and if they are worth a try?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, energy gels are really good for longer runs (over 10-15 miles). They are an actual "gel" not a tablet that give you extra carbs (and sometimes caffeine...depending on the brand). I like the sour apple flavor Power Gels, you can buy them at sports gear stores like Sports Authority or REI. I think they are essentially like drinking an entire sports drink in one small package. Since you can't usually consume an entire sports drink at one water station, they come in handy when you are getting low on electrolytes during long runs. I notice a difference during long runs.

    Do you know what marathon you are going to train for, yet? If you'd like, I can link your blog to my next post and give you a little shout out (I post every Sunday night). I know at least one of my 'running buddies' is training for her first marathon, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Thanks I am currently in Istanbul Turkey so I will have to look around for them, there are tons of sports gyms and athletic shops here so it shouldn't be a problem.

    Currently I am signed up for the Berlin, Germany half marathon March 28th. Not too sure which marathon yet. Thanks for the add and yes link me! I would love to get as many followers as possible!

    ReplyDelete