MOTIVATION

“Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started.” Pre

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second. Give your dreams all you've got and you'll be amazed at the energy that comes out of you. - William James

Thursday, March 4, 2010


So here is a photo I took via my blackberry of my run the other day. All along the Bosphorus straight there are benches which people sit and enjoy the sea while munching on roasted nuts or seeds. I am about 3K from home and that bridge is the one I have been talking about, the Fahit Sultan Mehmet. Its the second bridge up the Bosphorus the first being called the Bosphorus Bridge. My long run which will take place tomorrow will lead me all the way past this bridge to the next one, the Bosphorus. It will be about a 21K loop back to my house which is about 13 miles. I am taking the advice of one of my running buddies Caryn, and actually doing the run so that when I am in Berlin running my motivation will be "hey this is nothing I have not already done." Great advice. The positive thing and what will keep me going on this long run is that I have gone almost all the way to the Bosphorus once before. I went about 8miles last Tuesday (14K). The senary is so pretty that at times I forget that I am running. Thanks to all my buddies for the advice about pre race jitters. Kristin I think that what you said was most helpful... enjoy where I am and what I am doing. Don't worry about times (even though I am with you Caryn and its one of those back of my head goals) just finish and feel strong!

2 comments:

  1. Great attitude and great photo (I wish I was kiddin', but your blackberry takes better pics than my camera!).

    Also, I wanted to remind you to be sure to get lots of rest the week before the race (like nothing over 5 miles, several rest days, etc...). Also, at the race,don't let the other runners around you dictate your speed. Most of the unexperienced runners will start out too fast and burn out in the first few miles and you don't want to be in that group (been there, done that!).

    I'm a worrier, can you tell! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Thanks you are SOO helpful! Yes I have been reading a ton of articles on running, lots of good advice from those. I know to take it easy the week before. Also to HYDRATE well the week of. I am a worrier too like I mentioned before I already have the jitters for the race!

    ReplyDelete